My business partner and mortgage broker extraordinaire, Shelley Connell with Fairway Mortgage, shared a great list of things NOT to do when buying a home with me last week. She shared a story of a borrower that quit her job just before closing and didn’t think that it would be a big deal because she switched to a higher paying job nearly immediately.
Clearly, it was a problem. The deal did not close because of this.
Here are the Top 10 Things NOT To Do When Buying A Home:
10. I will NOT co-sign on any new credit for anybody else.
9. I will NOT initiate any new inquiries into my credit.
8. I will NOT close any of my bank accounts or change banks.
7. I will NOT make any large deposits before checking with my Mortgage Lender.
6. I will NOT establish any new items of credit within 60 days of my closing.
5. I will NOT omit debts or liabilities for my mortgage application.
4. I will NOT spend funds that have been set aside for closing.
3. I will NOT use my existing credit cards excessively or fall behind on my payments.
2. I will NOT purchase any large items on credit such as vehicles, appliances, or furniture.
1. I will NOT change jobs, become self-employed, or quit my job.
These are all great words of advice from an experienced mortgage broker that I know and trust.
If you’re considering buying or refinancing a home in the Flower Mound area, Shelley can be reached at (469) 200-4169, or you can apply online HERE. Shelley is one of the most knowledgeable lenders that I’ve ever worked with, and she has helped out in some very dicey situations!
I guess what I’m trying to say is that she’s fantastic! Give her a call today!
Tell me what you want your real estate experience to be, and I will do it YOUR way.
Buying a home in Flower Mound? Tell me your wants and needs. Let me know how you envision your family living. Tell me what’s important to YOU, and I’ll find the community and home that fits.
Selling your home in Flower Mound? My job is to make you the most money possible in the shortest amount of time. I offer my sellers professional staging, professional photography, and more internet marketing than most.
I am committed to giving you everything I have to offer. I am a full time agent and will work around your schedule. Do nights and weekends work better for you? NO PROBLEM. I am here to help YOU at YOUR convenience!