Hiring a Realtor for the critical job of selling your home is a really key decision. Get it wrong and there could be some serious consequences in terms of your home remaining unsold for longer than you would like and/or not achieving its optimum price in whatever the current market conditions happen to be.
It would be very accurate to say that not all Realtors are operating on a level playing field, not by a long shot!
A search for the right Realtor for you will be considerably enhanced if you know exactly what you should be expecting your Realtor to do for you.
At the very least, a professional Realtor must: –
– Demonstrate absolute integrity.
– Educate you about the current conditions of the local market.
– Analyze what you want and what you need in your next home.
– Co-ordinate the work of other needed professionals throughout the process.
– Guide you to homes that fit your criteria and budget.
– Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal possible.
– Check and double-check paperwork and deadlines.
– Inform and discuss with you, and suggest solutions to solve any problems that may arise.
Going on from there you should also expect the following: –
– In-depth expertise in and experience of the local market.
– Working as a full-time Realtor, not as a part time hobby!
– Aggressive seller/buyer identification and connection methods.
– Strong customer service ethic/communication/marketing skills.
– A strong online presence; quality website, daily social networking engagement etc.
– Ongoing commitment to continuing professional development; consistently honing selling skills and real estate industry knowledge.
I would strongly advise you to ensure that whatever Realtor you select, he or she fits all of the above criteria. This will hugely improve your chances of meeting your goals the very first time.